Cato Z - Cato
You might have noticed that I haven’t been blogging here recently. That’s because I’ve been blogging for Pro Studio Live. So feel free to check it out, and read my articles over there instead of here.
UPDATE: New blog posts are now being posted to the Signature Sound Studios website.
It’s that time of year again where you decide to grow and develop as an individual. At least until the potato chips and burritos hypnotize you back into submission. So, while you still have the energy, let’s go over some of the best audio podcasts and blogs to follow in 2015.
The cost of plug-ins is a huge barrier to entry, and I’ve seen many engineers resort to using cracked plug-ins to stay cutting edge and able to compete. When your competition is stealing, it can be very difficult to stay afloat without doing so yourself. But there are a bunch of resources and free plug-ins out there to help alleviate this struggle.
If my drum kit obviously can’t get any better…how can I make it more…awesome?
Somebody definitely asked that question when creating the following instruments. Enjoy!
1. Cheese Drums
Who doesn’t love cheese? And who doesn’t love a good beat? Well, now you can combine the two! Cheese kits are great for those that are looking for some great beats and good eats, so grab some wine, and get your groove on….or just watch the video on Youtube, and enjoy.
2. Ice Drums
This guy trashes the sh*t out of this set. But that’s okay, it had a limited life span anyway….good thing they caught it on camera and you can watch the video here.
3. Finger Drums Tabletop Electric Drum Set
4. Paper Drums
This one might seem kind of lame, since some of you would probably break the darn thing just by glancing at it…but you have to admire the time and effort that went into creating it, right?
5. And finally, here are some wicked cool cymbal stands for your enjoyment:
They look so darn fabulous, but how would you take them to a gig?
The other day, someone shared a lesson plan with me that involved some jokes.
This inspired me to scour the internet to find some of my favorite audio nerd jokes. So, without any further ado…..
1. How many producers does it take to change a light bulb?
Two – one to tell the engineer to do it, and one to ask, “I don’t know, what do you think?”
2. How many audio engineers does it take to change a light bulb?
I don’t do lights, only sound.
3. There’s this little visual joke….
4. Two boom ops and a sound mixer get in a car, who’s driving?
5. How come the sine wave didn’t see the compressor coming?
Because it had a quick attack!
6. Why did the waveform go to the dentist?
Because he had a sawtooth!
7. Love Hz
8. Person 1: I’ve recently released my first album!
Person 2: Awesome! Have you sold much?
Person 1: My house and my car
9. Why did the man buy Cubase?
Because he had no Reason or Logic
10. And then there’s this amazing Craigslist ad, reposted on Gear Slutz.
I saved the best for last here…